Flowline Halar is used extensively in the Chemical Process Industry due to excellent chemical resistance properties, even at elevated temperatures, and mechanical properties.
Flowline Halar demonstrates excellent overall chemical
resistance. In general only few species are known
to chemically attack Halar and a limited number of
chemicals can significantly swell the polymer leading
to a worsening of the performance of the material.
Halar fluoropolymer is especially resistant to:
- Strong and weak inorganic acids and bases
- Weak organic acids and bases
- Aliphatic Hydrocarbons
- Strong Oxidants
The key properties of Flowline Halar are:
- Excellent chemical resistance to acids and strong
bases, up to pH 14
- Excellent barrier properties to oxygen, carbon
dioxide, chlorine gas, hydrochloric acid
- Very good electrical properties
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Broad use temperature range from cryogenic to
+150°C (depending on the grade and stresses
- Good weathering resistance
- Excellent intrinsic fire resistance
- UL class 94 V-0 at 0.18mm.
LOI >52 %.
Low flame spread, low smoke generation
- Exceptional surface smoothness
- Very good impact strength
- Good mechanical properties
Should you require assistance with regards to the correct application for your requirements, please contact us, alternatively you may request a quotation directly.
Content Copyright Flowline (Pty) Ltd. | Contact Us